Sunset Training Center - Fraud

I came to find out the hard way Claudia Haugh is a fraud! Not only is she banned for life from registering any dogs with the AKC but also shut down in the state of WI.

I purchased the Worst under socialized puppy, from her this summer. And I mean the worst!! I have had dogs all my life but this one was horrid. Not only did he have mental problems he also had stomach issues for the first month and then he had skin issues!

After having the dog for 60 days I returned the dog to her for snapping and growling at me. You would have thought the woman would have stood behind her guarantees ( hips/elbows & temperament) but this was not the case. She continually lied to me about the dog through out the short time I had him.

I did not feel comfortable selling the dog to another person so I gave the dog back to her. She stood by NONE of her guarantees and refused to give me my money back

Product or Service Mentioned: Sunset Training Center Dog.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Ludicrous excusses, Sale of sick dogs.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 25, 2017.

Sunset Training Center sold me sick dogs

I bought two dogs from Claudia Hough in 2012. One has a disease called EPI (endocrine pancreatic insufficiency) which is a genetic disorder and is genetically carried by one or both parents.

The other dog has an allergy condition that is also genetic and carried by the parents. I spent $500.00 for these genetic tests to be run at the University of Texas and they both came back positive. She tries to explain it away with some ridiculous explanation as if she has a degree in biology and genetics. I was a biology minor in college so I know these explanations are ridiculous!

There is no current test for EPI and any pups that are born with this condition will require lifelong treatment with an enzyme powder that must be mixed with their food at every feeding. This means that she can NOT have her stud dog, Yenn, tested for this condition. There is a 50/50 chance that he is the carrier and any pup sired by him could have EPI or the gene pool to pass it on. ANY parents that produce a pup with this condition must stop being bred IMMEDIATELY!

Claudia Hough's solution was to go to a slaughter house, buy a pancreas and cut it into small pieces and freeze it. Then give the dog some at every feeding. I consider this a very retarded solution to this problem. She has obviously encountered this condition before as one would have no need of information like this unless they'd seen it before.

Since her dog, Yenn, is a possible carrier I can only guess where she saw it. She knows about this situation but she still continues to breed this dog and thereby potentially selling genetically sick dogs. She has no intention of honoring any contract that she signs. She refuses to give us a refund, she refuses to replace the dogs and rarely returns any phone calls.

If she does we're presented with another retarded explanation and excuses about no dogs being available or how bad her day is going. I had a friend call before I wrote this complaint and she told him that she had dogs for sale.

She is NOT a reputable breeder but a "shade tree" puppy mill that sells sick dogs and steals honest people's money. I want a refund or two healthy dogs to replace my sick ones.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Broken guarantee, Sale of sick dogs, Lack of communication, Ludicrous excusses.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 28, 2015.